The Financial Information Interchange (FIX) API is a set of clearly defined rules and methods designed for electronic transmission of financial data. In the nomenclature of the industry, it is “the electronic communications protocol for real-time information exchange for financial securities transactions.” 
The FIX API fosters a seamless flow of real-time data among market participants. It is used by the cash flow providers, traders (retail and corporate) and regulators to keep the market going. The primary function of the FIX API is to simplify the conversion of three distinct data:
- Pre-trade: Pre-trade information is used in designing strategies and decisions to execute in the market. This type of data includes statistics on liquidity, order flow, and market depth that are transmitted or streamed directly from market servers.
- Trade: Trade-related information focuses on conducting business. Order entry, confirmation and execution functions include transferring data through FIX.
- Post-trade: Post-trade data aids in the recording, processing, and transfer of property ownership in connection with market-based transactions. 
While many APIs provide similar functionality in terms of data transfer, the FIX API provides users with several unique benefits, including:
- The FIX protocol allows a wide range of information to be transferred quickly.
- FIX’s standardized language and wide acceptance ensure quick and easy setup.
- A proprietary algorithm or black box strategies can be developed immediately.
- Implementing a standard API protects the anonymity and privacy of proprietary systems running on the market forex calendar api.
As a result, the FIX API serves as the gateway to the market. A wide range of financial instruments is immediately involved, including stock, futures, and contract differentiation (CFD) and forex products.
History of FIX API:
This protocol was developed in the year 1922 by both Chris Morstatt and Robert Lamoure. The primary objective was enabling the electronic transfer of data to the equities market. If it becomes a function, then it is facilitated communication among the brokerage company? The FIX designed to promote efficiency in the part of the trade-related discussion, and it has different correspondence among the traders and other brokers who conduct the verbally over the mobile. If the introduction of the FIX, these dialogues become digital, and it takes the guesswork out of communication and verbal exchange automated.